© 2007, Artist Career Training
You wouldn't think of walking into a job interview improperly dressed and unprepared, would you? No, I didn't think so.
So please --- give your art business image the attention it warrants. Give yourself time to do your research and prepare to submit your work. Give auctioneers, gallery dealers or any arts professionals the same respect you would give a prospective employer.
Think about it, it's really the same thing. The difference is that artists have more "employers" than most professionals.
So how does the smart business-ready artist look this spring?
Check your inventory of the "must haves" for every art season:
- A signature body of work, documented and impeccably ready to show within 24 hours
- A solid art direction and clear vision about what you want from your art
- A mailing strategy with seasonal accessories for each audience
- The desire and ability to talk and write about your work to anyone at any level at any time
- A professional presentation portfolio that represents your work and your accomplishments when you can't be there in person.
You work hard and wait a long time for opportunity, so be ready when it shows up. It will give you the edge over artists who are still selecting their color scheme.
With the knowledge and support you get from Artist Career Training
you'll save time, effort and money. We gather all the information you
need to market your art and build your art career so that you can make
money and get back to doing what you love - making more art.