Are you confused about what "they" want, when someone asks you for an artist statement? Join the crowd!
Most artists end up cobbling together resumes, biographical statements, and critiques about their artwork.
- Big mistake No. 1 is confusing the way you use an artist statement with what it is.
- Big mistake No. 2 is when you fail to define an artist statement accurately. It has the same effect as driving around in your car for hours because you don't know where you are going.
Defining an artist statement has the same benefits as setting a goal: it tells you if you are headed in the right direction.
This outline and recording will answer your questions.
$19.95 for the outline (PDF file) and digital recording. Buy now.
Arianne Goodwin Ed.D. also has a book: Writing the Artist Statement.
Chapters are short and snappy. No filler here. And everything is developmentally designed to take you step-by-step through why, how, where, and when you need that statement.
Writing the Artist Statement gives you:
- The working definition of an artist statement
- Proven writing methods
- What gallery owners really think about artist statements
- The top strategies for presentation
- Which fears will stop you cold, and how to turn them into allies
- How to capture organic "self-talk" about your work
- Why some artist statements shine, and others whine
- What helps "seal the deal" with serious collectors
Book: $19.95 Buy Now.
P.S. Not sure where to start? E-mail Aletta@ArtistCareerTraining.com to book a free 15-minute conversation about your art business.