Better Use of Your Time, Money & Energy
Estimated Reading time: 1 minute
It’s “back to school” in the northern hemisphere. Can you see the rise in traffic and hear the hum of hurrying and scurrying?
Highly productive artists all have unique art businesses and, of course, that means different rhythms in the way they apply their resources of time, money and energy.
Take a look at these simple strategies and decide if you could use any in your life:
- Set aside personal time to pay attention to body, mind and spirit before the workday starts.
- Schedule art business time and family time for best use vs. convenience.
- Assign administrative, business, marketing, workshops/ prep, and studio time to different days of the week.
- Do a weekly or monthly round up of administrative tasks.
- Streamline work processes.
- Interrupt the day with a variety of roles vs. one big task chain.
- Intersperse errands and exercise with business appointments outside of the studio.
- Delegate routine replicable art tasks to free up creative time.
- Hire help for major events.
- Focus on strategy and coordination.
- Choose only the best marketing channels online and in ‘real world.’
- Keep notes on people, plans and results in a journal.
- Take time off.
What are your additions to this pool of ideas?