FYI: Now in the blog: Parts 1 - 5 of the 8-Part Series: Affordable Marketing That Really Works For You. See it here.
This week's tip: Screen Shots for Mac and PCs!
In other words, how to take a picture of part of your computer screen that you can then save, or email, or use just about anywhere. Great if you're documenting procedures or anything "how to" because you can show them what you mean with a picture.
1. Get whatever you want to capture showing on your computer screen.
2. Press and hold the following keys and then release: Apple Control Shift 4
3. Your pointer will change from an arrow to crosshairs (like a + sign).
4. Position the crosshairs over what you want to capture, then click, hold and drag until you've covered the image, then let go of the mouse.
5. The image is now on your clipboard, you can paste it into an email, a document, just about anywhere.
So, for example, if I was going to show you how to update a Squarespace blog, I'd show you this screenshot of what I'm looking at right now:
Okay, so you don't have a Mac but you want those groovy screen shots. You'll have to get some free software so you can "grab" images from your computer screen. "Easy Capture" software can be downloaded for free via PC World Magazine at www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,68497-order,1-page,1/description.html
Got a tip we can use? Please send it in!! I can't guarantee we'll use every one we get, but if we do I'll give you credit (natch) and a link to your website.
Have a very tasty Thanksgiving Holiday!