Courageous Stories of Inspiration:
by Aletta de Wal, M.Ed.
Artist Advisor and Art Marketing Strategist
Certified Visual Coach
Contributing Author to “Courageous Stories of Inspiration”
Have you experienced hard times or helped someone else through a challenge?
At first I was reluctant to share my story about my health crisis. I thought that people might think I was not up to the work I do. But when artists shared a story about challenges they faced, I discovered that telling them mine became a bond that built trust and brought us closer.
Eventually someone asked me to join with a group of authors from many walks of life who had stories that could become a source of courage and inspiration to people who were facing hardships.
My contribution was a chapter titled “Art Heals.”
Fourteen other authors shared their stories. Some relied on religious inspiration; others spiritual insights; or trust that they could get through the crisis with determination and a little help. All of the authors built self-confidence to go forward from events and circumstances that could have been an end.
It’s my hope that one or more of these fifteen stories will resonate and help you:
- Build your ability to cope with an unexpected life changing illness;
- Harvest lessons from personal tragedy about resilience;
- Discover how religious faith, spiritual practices or personal determination build confidence and strength.
The title alone may not give you enough information to decide.
You can read more about why I wrote the book and what other authors contributed.
There are two ways to get your copy of this book:
- You can buy it here
- You can make a donation to CERF+ and I’ll send you a copy of the book at no charge (and I’ll pay for shipping.)
$19.95 plus shipping and handling (and sales tax in CA)
(I’ll need your mailing address to send you a copy of “Courageous Stories of Inspiration” so remember to check the box on the form next to I am an ArtMatters! subscriber and am making this donation in response to their challenge. Please notify ArtMatters! of this gift.)
You can multiply this one generous action fivefold.
- You’ll get a receipt from CERF+ for a donation to use at tax time.
- For every artist who donates $25 or more to CERF+, I’ll send you a complimentary copy of a book in which I am a contributing author - “Stories of Courage and Inspiration” and I’ll also pay for the shipping.
- You can read and keep the book.
- You can pass the book along to another artist who could use a boost, or donate it to a hospital or library.
- You can read the book to someone who cannot read it without assistance.
Everyday, I appreciate the generosity of wonderful artists.
Please help me pay it forward. Here’s the link again:
Yes, I want to help other artists and get the book