How We Work
Self-promotion does not have to be a horrible experience. With a little creativity and clarity, art marketing can be a gratifying experience. Our clients regularly report that they dramaticllay increase their income, with more time available to create art. Now they enjoy marketing their art as another creative activity!
Artist Career Training can help beginner, emerging, mid-career and seasoned artists who want to:
- Stop believing myths about what it takes to be an artist.
- Become clear on where you want to go and how to get there.
- Adopt the winning success principles of prosperous art, business and career mentors.
- Market your art without selling out or betting the farm.
- Establish systems and routines that have been developed for artists who face similar issues.
- Meet or exceed goals and deadlines consistently.
Artist Career Training offers a full curriculum of programs developed since 1996, teaching artists at all career stages how to make a better living making art with and without gallery representation, in any economy. Learning is exchanged among artists and faculty across time and space by a combination of email, telephone classes, recordings and internet technologies (web site, message boards, on-line discussion groups, desktop computer conferencing).
If you want to choose the resources that match what you want to change in your art business, start by creating your own learning curriculum to "home school" yourself with Artist Career Training professional resources:
- Make a list of what you want to learn this year to improve your art making abilities, art business skills or art marketing activities.
- Decide if you want to learn alone or with others. Research the A.C.T. Programs, Classes By Phone, One-to-One consultations, Books & Recordings.
- Register for telephone Classes by Phone offered by qualified experts who have direct access to current expertise and the types of resources that you are looking for.
- Work One-to-One with an advisor or mentor by telephone or e-mail once you have assessed a fit between what is offered, what you want and what you are willing to invest.
- Build your custom resource library of Books & Recordings. Each person who offers educational services to artists has different skills and abilities. Finding the ones that match your gaps usually involve more than one source.
- Connect with other artists in The A.C.T. Community to learn from their experience.
For some artists, it can be a daunting task simply to decide what to learn, how to find it, and what to do with it once they have it!:
"My art pursuits have been full of fitful starts, periods of focus on one or two elements, then another leap forward. It's kind of like a diet, where you get to a plateau and have to move through that level before making further progress. Not only have you provided guidance through the basic steps in marketing and answers to many specific questions, but the regularity of my interface with the program has kept me focused on my career goals. To say nothing of actually verbalizing what those goals are! Artist Career Training has given me the confidence to take many more steps than I would have considered a year ago." Patty Cunningham. http://search.pattycunningham.com
Artist Career Training's Artist Advisor, Aletta de Wal and guest faculty deliver usable, practical art marketing and art business advice. They are always there to help you keep going when you need encouragement. The strong community of A.C.T. Members and Graduates supports the self-motivation you need to be successful and enjoy making a living as an artist. We invite you to nourish your art career, spice up your art marketing and slim down the "busyness" side! Follow the links to select the best combination for your appetite, resources and time. Let us help you learn to take charge of your career, simplify your business and multiply your results.
To discuss the best program combination for your career situation, please call:
Aletta de Wal, Artist Advisor
Artist Career Training
(650) 917-1225 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Aletta de Wal, M.Ed. is equal parts artist, educator and entrepreneur. As Artist Advisor of Artist Career Training, she inspires fine artists to make a better living making art through personal consultations, professionally designed educational programs and practical independent study products.
Don't just take our word for the results that Artist Career Training can help you produce. Contact seasoned artists who join the Member Program and continue in the A.C.T. community of artists. www.artistcareertraining.com/featuredartist.asp
Pack your lunch and A.C.T. now!